Energy Savings Breakdown:
Information you will need about your current lighting system before you start:
- The current number of lamps you have
- The total wattage of your current fixtures ( This is the wattage of your current lamps + The ballast factor of your current lamps (the amount of power your ballast uses to run your lamp)
- How many hours a day your lamps are on
- How many days a week your lamps are on
- The current kilowatt hour rate (The amount of energy being used at a constant rate of power over a period of time. A kilowatt-hour is how by energy companies to charge consumers for the energy being delivered.)
- An Estimated Labour Cost per hour to change the original bulbs and also include the price of changing a ballast every 3 bulb changes.
- The cost of original bulbs (include ballast change every 3 bulb changes)
You also need to gather information about new LED lighting options and get estimates for how much they will cost and how much it will cost to install. Please feel free to contact us here at LED in Action #1-855-264-8600 or email@example.com
and we can provide you with a new layout and quote so that you can compare how much you could be saving.
Work though the following questions and calculations to find out how much money you will be saving by switching to LED lights:
A. Total Power Savings Per Year By Upgrading to LED Lighting
A1. Original Estimated Kilowatt Hours per Week: ((Existing Fixture Quantity x Fixture Wattage x Hours Per Week) / 1000)
A2. Replacement Kilowatt Hours per Week: ((Replacement Fixture Quantity x Fixture Wattage x Hours Per Week) / 1000)
A3. Average Weeks of Use per Year: How many weeks of the year do you use your lights?
A4. A4. Total kWh Saved per Year: (A1 – A2)
A5. Your Average Power Cost per kWh: This number depends on where you are located and ranges from city to city.
A6. Total Power Savings per Year: (A4 x A5)
B. Lifetime Power Cost Savings
B1. Replacement Bulb Life: How many hours will the bulb last for.
B2. Average Hours of Use per Year: (((Hours Per Week) / 24) x A3)
B3. Average Lifetime of Replacement Bulbs: (B1 x 0.000114155)
B4. Lifetime Power Cost Savings: (A7 x B3)
C. Maintenance / Inventory Savings By Upgrading to LED Lighting
C1. Estimated Number of Times New Lights will Outlast the Old Lights: ((Original Bulb Life) /(Replacement Bulb Life))
C2. Labour Cost to Change Original Bulbs (include ballast every 3 bulbs): Example: $50.00 for Labour and maintenance and then for every 3rd bulb $110.00 (the price of maintenance for the bulb and ballast) times by the # of fixtures
C3. Cost of Original Bulbs (include ballast every 3 bulbs): Example: $70.00 per bulb for a 400W HB and then for every 3rd bulb $140.00 (the price of a bulb and ballast) times by the # of fixtures
C4. Total Lifetime Replacement Cost Savings: ((C2 + C3) x C1)
C5. Amortized Total Lifetime Replacement Cost Savings per Year: (C4 / B3)
D. Payback Period & ROI By Upgrading Lighting
D1. Total Net Cost of Lighting Upgrade: This number will come from your quote
D2. Total Power Savings + Replacement Cost Savings per Year: (A8 + C5)
D3. Simple Payback on Power Consumption + Replacement Costs: (D1 / D2)
D4. Simple Annual Return on Investment (ROI): (D2/D1)
E. Lifetime Savings Summary
E1. Lifetime Power Cost Savings: B4
E2. Lifetime Replacement Cost Savings: C4
E3. Total Lifetime Costs Savings: (B4 + C4)